Thank you for your interest in our online store. To offer you this online store we collect information about you, either provided directly by you, from you or through other channels. We take the protection of your privacy very seriously. Below we inform you in detail about the collection and use of your personal data..
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
When you use MUUN or interact with us through some other means we collect data either directly from you or through you.
Data provided by you
- Account information: We collect your information when you create an account this may include your name, email, phone number, date of birth, gender information and social media profile information if you choose to log-in this way.
- Purchase and return information: We collect information about you when you purchase goods or potentially return them. This may include the items that you bought including the information about those items such as sizes, styles, and colours and whether you kept or returned those items and the reason for those returns.
- Direct interest Information: We collect and use your information when you choose to provide them to us when you like a product, add them to your wishlist or interact with our social media posts. This might include the number of interactions and the items in your wishlist.
- Shipping information: We collect your information to be able to send you the goods you order. This may include your address details, country that you live in, and prefered delivery times.
- Payment information: We collect your payment information in order to be able to facilitate your payment. This may include the type of payment method used, payment details such as credit card number or bank account number, payment verification information
- Reviews or other user provided content: We collect and use your information when you provide reviews on our website, social media pages, reach out to us through our customer support channels or through surveys we send out. This may include any pictures or video content that you provide us with, your public social media information if you choose to reach out to us through social media channels.
Data obtained directly from you or from your device
- Device Data: When you browse our website or app we collect certain information about your device. This information is needed for you to be able to connect and for us to serve you with a better and more optimised product. This information might include your operating system, your IP address, location data, advertising and device IDs. type of device used and browser information.
- Interaction and indirect interest data: When you interact with the content of our website and apps we monitor and use that information to optimise our services and to provide you with more relevant content. This information might include whether you clicked on an item that was recommended to you, the items that you were shown, and A/B test data.
- Advertisement data: When you interact with our advertisements on third party platforms we obtain information about that interaction. This might include whether you clicked on the ad, or how long the ad was shown before an interaction took place, if by viewing that advertisement you directly or at a later time purchased a good on our platform, and indirectly the effectiveness of those advertisements.
- Cookie data: When you browse our website or apps and you consent to their use we place cookies or similar technologies on your device to understand your use of our website. For more information on their use you can look at our consent banner.
Data obtained from others about you
In some exceptional cases we might receive information about you through other channels then directly from you. These sources might include from our shipping service providers, customs, regulatory or law enforcement authorities. The types of data obtained from these sources differ depending on the source of the data. But might include your contact details and ancillary information
We use your data to provide you with a reliable and personalised experience when you shop at MUUN. In addition we use your data to Improve our services, send you marketing and non marketing related information, run advertising campaigns, and for our general business operations.
When you shop at MUUN, we use your data:
- - For you to be able to create, maintain and update your account
- - For us to deliver and for you to return purchased goods. For example we require your address details to ship you the parcel.
- - For you to enjoy a personalised shopping experience. We may for example present you with personalised suggestions based on your past shopping and website interactions to make navigating our products easier.
- - For payment processing.
MUUN uses your data for the above purposes because they are necessary in order to fulfil the agreement that we have with you. If you do not provide the data that is required for the above purposes we are unable to deliver you the service that you requested and it will therefore not be possible for you to shop and purchase goods at MUUN.
To run and maintain our platform
MUUN uses the data provided by or collected from you to ensure that you and other customer can enjoy a secure and function service to this end we collect and use data to:
- - Technically enable the service, for example using your IP address and browser information to enable you to reach our website.
- - Prevent and detect (potential) illegal and/or fraudulent behaviour, for example looking for and detecting suspicious browsing behaviour or monitoring high risk payments.
- - Provide a secure and safe browsing experience, for example preventing illegal or unwanted content upload or preventing attacks on our website.
We use your data for the above purposes because they are necessary in order to deliver you with the service you requested and based on the legitimate interest of MUUN and that of other users and individuals to ensure our business continuity and to protect the data and systems of others .
To improve our services and your and other user’s experience
MUUN use the data provided by or collected from you to continuously improve our services, create a better user and shopping experience, help the scientific community, or assist us in public policy affairs .To facilitate this we
- - Perform on and offsite analytics on browsing, shopping and purchase behaviour. For example we might display customers with various versions of our website to see which ones perform best or we analyse purchased goods to enable us to make informed decisions about new future products and wares
- - Conduct in-house research and/or provide data to external research partners for scientific or public policy purposes. We might for example provide aggregated information to research partners for them to use in scientific studies or to help us in public affairs.
Communication and Marketing
MUUN uses the data that we collect from you or about you to be able to communicate and reach out to you as well as to run and improve our marketing campaigns. We use data to:
- - Send you non-marketing related communication for example to inform you about the status of your goods or ask you about your opinion on MUUN or the goods you bought
- - Send you marketing communication for example to make you aware of new products that we added to our shops or about items that would go well with your previous purchase
- - To run, maintain, and improve our social media pages, for example when you communicate with us through our social media pages or if you tag MUUN in a message.
We additionally use the data you provide or we collect from and about you to run our business. This may mean that we use your information for:
- - Accounting and financial reporting
- - Legal proceedings with you or others
- - Law enforcement inquiries and other criminal investigations
- - Mergers & Acquisitions
- - Compliance requirements to which we are subject. For example product compliance to ensure we know where our goods have been shipped to or customs obligations.
We use this information primarily based on legal obligations to which MUUN is subject. In other cases we use the information based on our legitimate interest to ensure the continuity of our business.
In order to provide you with the services we offer at MUUN we share your personal data with third parties that enable us to run the service that you use. Sometimes these third parties are not located in a country that offers a similar level of data protection as the European Union, but they do provide us, and therefore you, with invaluable services. When we use these third parties we make sure that it is either to fulfil a service you requested, with your explicit consent, or that we rely on a legally approved transfer mechanism such as SCCs.
Categories of third parties with whom we disclose personal information:
- - Shipping service providers
- - Sellers
- - Social media networks
- - Advertising partners
- - Contractors
- - Payment providers
- - Marketing agencies
- - Professional services partners (lawyers, accountants, consultants etc)
- - Cloud and other technical service providers
- - Customer support centres
- - Research partners
How long does MUUN keep my data?
We collect and use your personal data for a variety of purposes that are described above. Each of these purposes has different requirements and therefore also a different retention period. We will delete your personal data as soon as it is no longer necessary to keep it for the purpose for which it was collected.
When you request the deletion of your personal data we strive to delete your personal data within 30 days. In some cases this might take longer in which case we shall inform you accordingly. Please be advised however that we are legally required to keep some of your personal data, such as order and purchase information, for up to 7 years in order to adhere to our own legal obligations to which we are subject..